Friday, March 7, 2014

Memories.....

So while I was driving home from work this afternoon, I had a few memories sparked about  my ex-husband for some reason.  Not sure what did it, but I started thinking about how James used to never allow Steven to have fun things.  Nothing that would have hurt him, and I really just don't know what possessed that man to prevent Steven from having things.

For example, my dad once gave Steven a military flashlight.  James wouldn't let him keep it.  Obviously, there was no harm in him having a flash light, but he took it away from Steven and it was never given back to him.  There was a small battery powered lantern Steven had gotten once, and James took that away as well.

My mother bought Steven a Toy Story/Buzz Lightyear alarm clock.  James cut the electric cord on it so that it wouldn't work.  I suppose he didn't want to hear it and the noises it would make, but dammit.  Don't destroy the item, teach the child how to use it appropriately.

Many times when we would receive a gift from someone, if he didn't think we needed it, he would give the item away.  Not that giving something to someone else that perhaps could use the item is a bad thing, but he usually would do this without consulting me first.

His life was always about control - over the petty things, over the major things.  That's what he was all about.




No comments:

Post a Comment